Singapore Mandai Zoo Musollah
There is a musollah available for patrons of the Zoo. Please ask permission from the staff at the rental counter first to use the prayer room. Please bring your own prayer mat and telekung.
Ablution can be done at the nearest toilet.
Contributed by Anditukangmandi
Sembawang Shopping Centre Musollah
There is a shared musollah on Level 1, look for Master Prata (#01-24/25).
On the left of Master Prata, there is a corridor leading to an Exit. Follow the sign and on the right of the Exit door, at the very far corner, will be the musollah.
Prayer mats are provided. Please bring your own telekung.
Ablution can be performed at the nearest toilet.
Contributed by Brother NasihatAbangGrab
Toa Payoh SAFRA Musollah
UPDATE 16FEB2023: We have been informed that musollah at Toa Payoh SAFRA have shifted to level 1 instead of level 4 due to some interior work going on. Please feel free to donate any slippers & boxes to store the sejadah.
There is a shared musollah available for muslimah and muslimin on level 4 by taking the stairs next to the customer service or taking the lift to level 4.
Prayer mat and slippers is provided. Please bring your own telekung.
For ablution, please use the nearby toilet on level 4.
Contributed by Brother Zahid
Junction 8 Unofficial Prayer Area
(UPDATE 18/11/2022: We have been informed that this unofficial prayer area has been removed)
There is a shared unofficial prayer area in Junction 8.
From Bishan MRT (NS17/CC15), Exit A.
1. This would lead you to the main entrance of Junction 8. Turn right and walk towards the Junction 8 Linkway entrance.
2. Walk towards the escalator leading to level 2. Then walk towards the main building of the Junction 8. You will pass by a Prism+ store and the escalator.
3. When you see the Prism+ store (#02-24/25), turn right, and walk towards the toilets. You may perform your ablution in the toilets here.
4. Once you've performed your ablution. previously on the right of the toilets is a door leading to the staircase. Walk towards that staircase. Please note that the door only opens one-way and there should be a stopper to keep the door open which the cleaner has placed. Please leave this stopper there so that you do not get trapped in the staircase.
5. Once at the staircase, go down one flight of stairs and you will be at the shared unofficial prayer area for muslimah and muslimin. There is a prayer mat and a set of telekung (donated by Sister Azna) hung on the railing. After performing your prayers, please be sure to hang this back on the railing to prevent any obstruction to the cleaner aunty/uncle.
If the event you do get stuck in the staircase, you can either check if the door to the floor upstairs is open, or alternatively walk down to level 1 and exit from there.
Alternatively, you can go to the nearest mosque is Masjid An-Nahdhah (Bishan Street 14, S579786), about 6 minutes walk.
NEX Unofficial Prayer Area
Please note that the unofficial prayer area at level 4R, near to the library no longer exists.
There is a new unofficial prayer area at the staircase on level 3 of the carpark.
From the Serangoon MRT (CC13/NE12),
1. Take Exit G which will lead you to Level B2 of NEX.
2. Take the lift/escalator up to Level 3 of the NEX mall and walk towards the Fairprice Xtra (#03-42) Exit.
3. On the left of the Fairprice Xtra (#03-42) Exit is the connecting bridge leading to the Carpark Level 4.
4. Walk down the bridge and turn right and walk till the end of the Carpark (near to the trolley bay). Please be careful of the vehicles.
5. You will see a ramp leading down to Level 3 Carpark with more trolleys. Walk down the ramp and on the right of lot 195 is the staircase with sign 'Smoke Stop Lobby Staircase 10'. The unofficial prayer area is located just behind that door and shared for both muslimah and muslimin.
There is a Qibla sign and a prayer mat available. Please bring your own telekung.
For ablution, you would have to go to the nearest toilet in NEX mall before making your way to the unofficial prayer area.
We will verify the existence of some of the musollah locations and upload pictures and directions of the musollahs we visit. Besides those contributed by us, we will post pictures contributed by our Muslim brothers and sisters as well. We will give credit when it is due so if you do use our pictures or information for your blogs or websites, please do give credit to us as well.