(UPDATE 18/11/2022: We have been informed that this unofficial prayer area has been removed)
There is a shared unofficial prayer area in Junction 8.
From Bishan MRT (NS17/CC15), Exit A.
1. This would lead you to the main entrance of Junction 8. Turn right and walk towards the Junction 8 Linkway entrance.
2. Walk towards the escalator leading to level 2. Then walk towards the main building of the Junction 8. You will pass by a Prism+ store and the escalator.
3. When you see the Prism+ store (#02-24/25), turn right, and walk towards the toilets. You may perform your ablution in the toilets here.
4. Once you've performed your ablution. previously on the right of the toilets is a door leading to the staircase. Walk towards that staircase. Please note that the door only opens one-way and there should be a stopper to keep the door open which the cleaner has placed. Please leave this stopper there so that you do not get trapped in the staircase.
5. Once at the staircase, go down one flight of stairs and you will be at the shared unofficial prayer area for muslimah and muslimin. There is a prayer mat and a set of telekung (donated by Sister Azna) hung on the railing. After performing your prayers, please be sure to hang this back on the railing to prevent any obstruction to the cleaner aunty/uncle.
If the event you do get stuck in the staircase, you can either check if the door to the floor upstairs is open, or alternatively walk down to level 1 and exit from there.
Alternatively, you can go to the nearest mosque is Masjid An-Nahdhah (Bishan Street 14, S579786), about 6 minutes walk.
Please note that the unofficial prayer area at level 4R, near to the library no longer exists.
There is a new unofficial prayer area at the staircase on level 3 of the carpark.
From the Serangoon MRT (CC13/NE12),
1. Take Exit G which will lead you to Level B2 of NEX.
2. Take the lift/escalator up to Level 3 of the NEX mall and walk towards the Fairprice Xtra (#03-42) Exit.
3. On the left of the Fairprice Xtra (#03-42) Exit is the connecting bridge leading to the Carpark Level 4.
4. Walk down the bridge and turn right and walk till the end of the Carpark (near to the trolley bay). Please be careful of the vehicles.
5. You will see a ramp leading down to Level 3 Carpark with more trolleys. Walk down the ramp and on the right of lot 195 is the staircase with sign 'Smoke Stop Lobby Staircase 10'. The unofficial prayer area is located just behind that door and shared for both muslimah and muslimin.
There is a Qibla sign and a prayer mat available. Please bring your own telekung.
For ablution, you would have to go to the nearest toilet in NEX mall before making your way to the unofficial prayer area.
The address of the restaurant is: #01-07 HometeamNS Balestier.
There is a musollah in the restaurant, please note that this is only for customers. For more information, the musollah can be found in this facebook video at timestamp 2:17.
There is an ablution area inside the prayer room. Separate prayer room for men and women. No air-con, only fan. Please bring your own telekung. Prayer mats are provided.
For assistance, please ask the staff.
Contributed by Sister Nisaa
There is an air-conditioned musollah available which is complete with an ablution corner for Muslim diners.
More information will be provided soon ;)
The musollah is near to the Giordano (#01-22) and Bath & Body Works (#01-30). Walk towards the passageway in between the 2 shops (towards the toilets).
Walk straight and enter the door on your left.
Then walk straight and you will see the shared musollah for muslimah and muslimin.
Please take wudhu at the toilets that you will pass by along the way.
Prayer mats are provided. Please bring your own telekung.
Contributed by Learning Islam
Tiktok video available here as well.
We will verify the existence of some of the musollah locations and upload pictures and directions of the musollahs we visit. Besides those contributed by us, we will post pictures contributed by our Muslim brothers and sisters as well. We will give credit when it is due so if you do use our pictures or information for your blogs or websites, please do give credit to us as well.