There is an unofficial prayer area in Hougang Mall, Staircase 3, level 3.
Please take note that we do not recommend that you pray here if you have difficulty walking up/down stairs as you will have to walk down quite a number of flight of stairs after praying.
1. From Hougang MRT Station (NE14) Exit B, walk towards the entrance of Hougang Mall
2. Take the escalator to level 3.
3. Walk towards Popular bookstore (#03-15) which is just behind the customer service counter.
4. On the left of the Popular bookstore is the toilets, you may take ablution there.
5. Once you've done your ablution, continue walking down the corridor, there will be a door on your right with the red sign 'Smoke Stop Lobby' leading to Staircase 3. Please note that once you close the door, you will not be able to open the door from the other side as it is a one-way door, hence, after praying, you will need to walk all the way down to Level 1 to exit the stairwell.
6. Once you are at Staircase 3, Level 3, walk up 1 flight of stairs, you will be at the shared unofficial prayer area. There is a prayer mat available. For muslimah, please bring your own telekung. Please be sure to hang the prayer mat onto the railing for the next person so that it will not obstruct the area.
Once you've completed your prayers, you will need to walk all the way down to Level 1 to exit the staircase which will lead you between Koi & Mr Coconut at level 1. If you have another person accompanying you, you may take turns so that the other person can open the door once you're done and you don't have to walk all the way down.
We will verify the existence of some of the musollah locations and upload pictures and directions of the musollahs we visit. Besides those contributed by us, we will post pictures contributed by our Muslim brothers and sisters as well. We will give credit when it is due so if you do use our pictures or information for your blogs or websites, please do give credit to us as well.